Sunday, April 7, 2013

Open Source Prezi

My attempt to explain the concept of Open Source in an entertaining manner is embedded below. You may ask what this has to do with trends in technology... but I think it's very important from a cost perspective to gain some semblance of control over rising costs. This presentation focuses mainly on open source software and the like. But controlling costs of databases and journals will be important in order to allow libraries to acquire the newer technologies.

4 comments:

  1. I love it! You seem to have a knack for presenting things in a unique way. Are the illustrations your own?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Glad you enjoyed it! I have to admit I struggled a bit trying to explain the concept while attempting to be entertaining.

      Guilty as charged, the illustrations are mine. I used water color pencil :)

      Delete
  2. This was a really creative way to present the topic! Between this and your Chronology you should have no problem coming up with creative library programming (esp. if you work at a public library).

    ReplyDelete